- 5 Nights in a Sunset Overwater Villa in Maldives
- 7 Night Best Of Sri Lanka Tour
- Return Flights with 30kg Checked Luggage
- Return Domestic Flight & Speedboat Transfers
- Villa Host Service with In Villa Check-In
Exclusive Bonus Value
- All Inclusive Meals & Beverages in Maldives
- Beverages include Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 20% Off Motorised Water Sports in Maldives
- 25% Off Spa Treatments in Maldives
- Villingili Eco Tour with Guide
Why We Love It
- Unique Diving Site
- Luxury Intimate & Authentic Hideaway
- The Only 9 Hole Golf Course in the Maldives
- Cool Zone Kids Area
My Maldives Package Inclusions
- 5 nights in a Sunset Overwater Villa at the Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa
Spend your days relaxing on an overwater hammock or soak up the sun in the open-air terrace. Surrounded on all sides by turquoise waters, spend 5 nights in a Water Villa at Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa and you’ll never want to leave.
- 7 night Best of Sri Lanka tour**
Experience the best of Sri Lanka capped off with a breathtaking Colombo rickshaw city tour! Not only will you explore the blend of religion, culture and heritage at the ancient city of Polonnnaruwa, but you’ll also be dazzled by the crown jewel of King Parakramabahu I. Enjoy delicious breakfasts at the hotel and embark on city tours of Kandy and take in the beautiful misty and lush countryside blanketed in tea bushes and one of the finest 18-hole golf courses in the world.
- Day 1: Airport – Negombo Drive (approximately a 30-min one-way drive)
- Day 2: Negombo – Habrana Drive (3.5-hour one-way drive)
- Day 3: Habarana – Sigiriya Drive: (approximately a 20-min one-way drive)
- Day 4: Habarana – Kandy Drive: (approximately a 4-hour one-way drive)
- Day 5: Kandy – Nuwara Eliya Drive (approximately a 2.5-hour one-way drive)
- Day 6: Nuwara Eliya – Udawlawe Drive (approximately 3.5-hour one-way drive)
- Day 7: Udawalawe – Colombo Drive (approximately 4-hour one-way drive)
- Day 8: Colombo – Airport Drive (approximately 1-hour one-way drive)
- Return economy class flights to Gan International Airport flying with SriLankan Airlines including 30kg checked luggage & meal per person^
Avoid the stress of organising flights and luggage! With return flights planned for you and 30kg of checked luggage plus meal per person when you travel with My Maldives the only thing you will need to do is settle in and enjoy the experience!
- Return domestic flights & speedboat transfers plus Singapore airport transfers^^
Spend more time enjoying the beauty of the Maldives and less worrying about organising transfers! When selecting this My Maldives package, you will avoid that stress by being able to get to and from your accommodation with return speedboat transfers.
- Villa host service with in Villa check-in at the Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives
Are you sick of waiting to check into your room when you arrive at your holiday destination? That can be avoided! Experience a guaranteed In Villa check-in when selecting this exclusive My Maldives package.
- Complimentary access to Wi-Fi at the Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives
Stay connected with complimentary Wi-Fi access! It’s never been easier to keep in touch with loved ones back home, as well upload all your favourite holiday snaps to your social profiles!
- Endheri Pool amenities including complimentary cold towels, chilled water and cooling spray at the Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives
Maximise your stay with this bonus inclusion! Guests at the resort can enjoy Endheri Pool amenities including complimentary cold towels, chilled water and cooling spray that is guaranteed to make your holiday stay worthwhile!
- Use of non-motorised water sports equipment at the Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives
Jump into the water and get active with complimentary use of non-motorised water sports equipment. With stand-up paddleboards to kayaks, there is something for every water lover plus 20% off motorised water sports (excluding private tours.)
- Complimentary use of facilities at the Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives
Experience it all during your holiday with complimentary use to the resort’s facilities including a sauna and steam bath, Cool Zone (for kids), entertainment centre (for teens), and access to two floodlit tennis courts!
- Kids Stay & Play FREE! at the Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives
Planning a holiday can be expensive especially when children are involved. When selecting this exclusive My Maldives package, kids Stay & Play for FREE with access to the Cool Zone kids club during their stay at the resort! Taking the whole family with you will hardly cost you any extra this holiday!
Valid for travel
For travel dates & surcharge information, please see the Travel Dates tab.
Over $5000 BONUS Value
- All inclusive meals & beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) including daily buffet breakfast, lunch & dinner at the Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives*
A holiday can be expensive instead, experience great savings with an an all inclusive meal package with My Maldives! This bonus inclusion includes cost-free alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages, buffet breakfast, lunch & dinner!
- 20% off spa treatments at CHI, The Spa at the Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives
Need to unwind after a busy of activities in the Maldives? Experience pure relaxation when you indulge in a rejuvenating spa treatment at CHI, The Spa with a 20% discount!
- Villingili eco tour with guide during your stay at the Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives
Discover a million-year-old tropical rainforest when you experience this guided eco tour. Only a short walk from the Resort, get back in touch with nature this holiday when you visit the Maldives.
- In-room extra amenities (per room, per stay)
We want to step-up your holiday game with in-room bonus amenities that include a Nespresso machine, an in-room safe, and a 40” LCD TV!
2020 TRAVEL DATES
- 9 March
- 4 May
- 8 June
- 17 August
Add from $100 per person for travel ex Melbourne:
- 20 July 2020
Add from $200 per person for travel ex Sydney, Brisbane & Adelaide:
- 20 July 2020
7 NIGHT BEST OF SRI LANKA TOUR DETAILED ITINERARY
Day 1: Australia – Negombo (In-flight meals)
Upon arrival into Negombo Airport, a tour representative will meet you and escort you to your hotel. Your gateway to paradise awaits as you head to the luxurious Arie Lagoon Hotel in the fishing village of Thalahena.
Day 2: Negombo – Habarana (approx. 3.5-hours) (B)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel then join in on a cooking demonstration in Negombo. From here, you’ll head to Habarana to check-in to Habarana Village by Cinnamon. Birds and flowers abound here with a beautiful lake and even the occasional visit from local elephants.
Day 3: Habarana Village by Cinnamon or Optional Tour (B)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and relax at leisure or choose the optional tour.
Optional Tour: Sigiriya Rock Fortress & Polonnaruwa City~AU$50 per person (approx. 5.5-hours)
Habarana – Sigiriya (approx.16-kilometres/20-minutes)
A World Heritage Site and monument to Sri Lankan art and culture, this 5th Century rock citadel of King Kasyapa offers an insight into ancient engineering, urban planning and indigenous hydraulic irrigation. Huge lion paws of the Lion Rock – representing the ‘City of Gods’ – overlook royal gardens surrounded by moats and ramparts. With 3-hours to explore, see the ancient paintings and mirrored wall, but do not take pictures as this is a punishable offence.
Sigiriya – Polonnaruwa (approx. 60-kilometres/1.5-hours)
Explore the blend of religion, culture and heritage at the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, the crown jewel of King Parakramabahu I after the decline of Anuradhapura. With stupas, Buddha statues and stone carvings, visit Galviharaya and Watadage for 2.5-hours at this World Heritage Site. Return to the hotel for the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 4: Habarana – Kandy (approx. 95-kilometres/4-hours) (B)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and embark on a city tour of Kandy. The last royal capital of Sri Lankan kings. Ruled by King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe before British rule in 1815, Kandy is now a lakeside town, nestled among misty hills, featuring the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Lord Buddha. Filled with world-class brands, an arts and crafts centre, fruit and vegetable markets and a bazaar, explore the city for 2.5-hours to the sound of traditional music and drumming in the air. Enjoy a cultural show, Wonder of Asia, in this World Heritage Site.
Check-in at your next stunning hotel, Amaya Hills Kandy. With regal flair, enjoy breathtaking views of verdant mountains and the cityscape surrounds.
Day 5: Kandy – Nuwara Eliya (approx. 80-kilometres/2-hours) (B)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel, then drive to Nuwaraeliya and check-in at Jetwing St. Andrew’s Hotel. A beautiful blend of contemporary and vintage amenities, including one of the oldest snooker tables in Sri Lanka, this charming hotel allows for relaxation before embarking on a 2-hour guided city tour this afternoon.
A beautiful misty and lush countryside, this renowned British colonial retreat is blanketed in tea bushes, studded with colonial bungalows, hedgerows and one of the finest 18-hole golf courses in the world. Waterfalls and brightly dressed tea pluckers in saris sprinkle the valleys where you can hike or rent a bike to ride along the banks of Lake Gregory.
Enjoy a high tea at the Grand Hotel in Nuwaraeliya before retiring for the night at Jetwing St. Andrew’s Hotel.
Day 6: Nuwara Eliya – Udawalawe (approx. 155-kilometres/3.5-hours) (B)
Head to Udawalawe and get ready to witness the magnificent elephants that abound here at this National Park sanctuary! Hop on to a jeep for a 3-hour safari to see large herds of elephants in their natural habitat among deer, water buffalo and jackal. See the invaluable work being undertaken to rehabilitate injured animals at the Undawalawe Elephant Transit Home before heading to your home for the night at Centauria Wild Hotel. Fall in love with this environmentally friendly, safari resort and enjoy the rest of your day at leisure.
Day 7: Udawalawe – Colombo (approx. 160-kilometres/4-hours) (B)
Fuel up with a delicious breakfast, then proceed to Colombo for a 2.5-hour rickshaw city tour. Ever-evolving, Sri Lanka’s commercial capital, Colombo, is buzzing with skyscrapers, lavish shops and tea boutiques. Ride along Bauddhaloka Mawatha to Arcade and Independence Square. A mix of traditional and new, colonial architecture now boasts high-end shopping and restaurants, chilled beer at the Dutch Hospital, plus a ‘walk-over’ fish tank! Wander the incense-filled streets to the chiming bells of Gangarama temple and catch a glimpse into Colombo’s exciting nightlife before checking-in at Mount Lavinia Hotel, one of the capital’s oldest, premier colonial heritage hotels boasting old-world charm and grandeur.
Day 8: Colombo – Airport (approx. 35-kilometres/1-hour) (B)
Enjoy a relaxed breakfast as you take in the last sights, sounds and smells of beautiful Sri Lanka in your grand hotel before being chauffeured to the airport for your flight home.
- Hotels will be those mentioned in itinerary or similar.
- Lunch, dinner and beverages where not specified will be at travellers’ own expense.
- Tip and porterage, optional activities and additional sight or entrance fees are not included.
Sunset Overwater Villa – Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives
Perfect for couples or small families, this 166sq. metre accommodation offers direct access to the lagoon’s turquoise waters. In this luxurious villa, you can spend each morning lounging on an over-the-water hammock while enjoying the gentle sea breeze. This beautiful accommodation is equipped with premium bedding, Wi-Fi as well as a 40” LCD TV, a minibar and an open-air terrace with sundeck and day beds. The lavish bathroom comes with a spa bath, indoor and open-air showers and vanity counters.
This 231sq. metre accommodation, nestled in the tropical forest, is ideal for 4 guests. It offers absolute privacy, serenity as well as amazing views of the Indian Ocean and lush gardens. Truly a beautifully-appointed villa, this accommodation comes with deluxe amenities. The outdoor pavilion has a living space separate from the gorgeous infinity pool. The exquisite bathroom features indoor and open-air showers, vanity counters and an indulging spa bath with overlooking sea views. Also, enjoy modern comforts such as top-quality bedding, Wi-Fi, 40” LCD TV, tea and coffee making facilities and more.
Shangri La’s Villingili Resort & Spa
Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives along the Addu Atoll provides guests with elegant accommodation with private pools and panoramic views of the Indian Ocean. This 5-star property, surrounded by tropical gardens, also features 6 restaurants and lounge bars, a full-service spa and well-equipped gym. Book an overwater or beachfront villa and enjoy lots of sunshine while daydreaming to your heart’s content on the spacious outdoor deck.
Please Note: Some resort facilities may incur additional charges.
- 3 restaurants
- 3 lounge bars
- 24-hour in-villa dining
- Personal island host
- CHI, The Spa
- The Health Club, featuring a fully-equipped gym, steam rooms and saunas
- The Shangri-La Eco Centre
- Sports and leisure facilities, including 2 International Tennis Federation-grade tennis courts
- On-site activities and water sports
- Internet access
- Foreign exchange
- Safety deposit box
- Retail shops
- 24-hour business centre
- On-site clinic with doctor on call
- Nonsmoking villas with twice-a-day housekeeping
- Babysitting services
- Laundry facilities
Valid for new bookings only. Prices are correct at time of publication and are subject to change, cancellation or withdrawal without notice. Accommodation is subject to availability. Insurance is not included and is strongly recommended. All prices are in Australian Dollars per person twin share unless stated otherwise. Charges may apply for changes or cancellations to your holiday.
Green tax is included for all guests at the Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives.
**7 night Best of Sri Lanka tour
- 7 night hotel accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities
- 7 x breakfasts & 1 x high-tea
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Airport meet & assist + transfers to/from Colombo International Airport
- Air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees to Kandy Temple
- Lunch and dinner where not specified
- Compulsory chirstmas supplement & new year supplement
- Supplement for accommodation in Kandy during Kandy Esala Perahera period
- Cost of ticket to view the Kandy Esala Perahera which will be held in Kandy
- Tips and porterage
- Entrance fees to optional sites not mentioned above
- Cost of beverage throughout the tour
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Any other services not specified above
Effective 1st August 2019 Australian passport holders can obtain a free tourist visa on arrival a stay of up to 30 days. Note, New Zealand passport holders and other nationalities may have different visa requirements, all travellers are advised to contact the Sri Lankan Embassy for up to date visa advice.
Optional excursions and additional services could be provided for which we will charge additionally. Visits to wild life parks will be at client’s own risk.
Safari Vehicles (non air-conditioned)
Available are very basic with basic insurance cover (not comprehensive as in the case of vehicles used for tours)
Each person is entitled to a strict maximum of one checked bag not exceeding 20kg, plus one carry-on bag not exceeding 5kg.
You are strongly encouraged to pack lightly below these limits as you will be required to carry your own bag to and from coaches, hotels and trains.
^Flights are based on promotional economy class fares with checked luggage allowance per person. Prices are correct at time of publication and are subject to change. Flights are via Colombo and overnight stay is required. Flights may not be direct and may not operate daily. Subject to promotional fare availability. Air surcharges apply during Australian school holidays and peak travel periods.
Effective August 2019, Australian passport holders can obtain a tourist visa free of charge upon arrival in Sri Lanka for stays of up to 30 days. All other passport holders and stays longer than 30 days are advised to contact the relevant embassy for up to date visa information. Visa requirements are subject to change at any time.
^^Transfer includes return shared speedboat transfer from Gan to the resort.
*All inclusive meals & beverages
- All Inclusive meals & beverages including daily buffet breakfast, lunch & dinner in Javvu Restaurant (credit is available for dinner at Fashala or Dr Ali’s Restaurants
- Beverages include a selection of white, red wine, beer, spirits and selected cocktails and non–alcoholic beverages between the hours of 10am and midnight, from all-inclusive beverage menu at restaurants and bars only. in Villa dining, mini bar and special events such as Dine by Design are excluded
- Meal plans are not valid from 31 December at 6pm until 1 January at 6am
#Kids Stay & Play FREE! Max two kids per room – must share room with parents (Age 0-11.99 years). Child meal charges apply and will be added to your booking.
Talk to an Expert
Our Travel Consultants are:
- Maldives experts
- Based in Australia
- Passionate and professional
- Here for you every step of the way
- Ready to answer all your Maldives questions
- Keen to find you the best deal
|Mon to Thurs||8:30 am||6:00 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am||5:00 pm|
|Saturday||8:30 am||4:30 pm|
|Sunday||8:30 am||4:00 pm|